- Supervisor Town of Saugerties (2000-2011)
- Past President, Saugerties Rotary Club
- Past Co-Chair- Saugerties Mum Festival, 3 years
- Founded and wholly sponsored successful adult baseball team, The Saugerties Dutchmen
- Elected to Saugerties Sports Hall of Fame 2003
- Member, Saugerties Blue Kats
- Small business owner: Helsmoortel Insurance
- Member, Greenway Council 2012-present): Appointed by Ulster County Executive Mike Hein
Greg secured over three million dollars in county, state and federal funding for the Kings Highway water and sewer project. The cost to the taxpayers was zero. Saugerties is now home to the longest “shovel-ready” business corridor in Ulster County.
He expanded the Empire Development Zone to include more businesses in Saugerties and moved to incorporate green building standards into the town’s economic development plans.
He worked closely with Horse Shows In The Sun in order to bring this world class venue to friendly Saugerties.
He negotiated with the state to re-locate a dangerous railroad crossing on Kings Highway for the safety and welfare of the residents and employees of area businesses at no cost to the town’s residents.